Friday, October 15, 2010

SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT

1. This convenience store closes at midnight. The other stores (close) at 9:00.

2. Gus complains about everything. He even (complains) about the color of the sky.

3. My sisters play musical instruments. My brother and his friend (play) with their iPods.

4. I care about her very much. She (cares) about no one but herself.

5. This coffee tastes like gasoline. You (taste) it and tell me what you think.

6. Our refrigerator leaks. Water (leaks) onto the floor and loosens the vinyl.

7. Every afternoon, they hurry down to the station to meet their mother. She (hurries) home from work.

8. Merdine carries a leather pouch filled with quarters. The police officers (carry) clubs.

9. We raise okra and peanuts on our farm. My brother (raises) the gate before the sun rises.

10. Felicity criticizes everyone she works with. She never (criticizes) herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment